Vicky Romeo Plus Joolz by Ely Percy
This cheeky debut novel by Ely Percy is the first of a trilogy of their queer works set in the heart of Glasgow. It observes Glasgow from an unapologetically pink-tinged angle.
If you have a soft spot for the dramatic, f/f romance, local storytelling and appreciate a good chuckle – this is the book for you. Vicky Romeo Plus Joolz owns its history with a relish that spills over into an exuberantly camp parody.
It's a plucky, on-the-nose, heart-mending comedy about a bunch of queer folks trying to find their way and going about life where not a single queer person dies.
The novel's focal point is a gay bar, a world that most folk aren’t exposed to – but this is Vicky Romeo's ordinary world. Ely captures a perfect snapshot of this locum, of what it was like to be Scottish, working-class, queer and figuring shit out in that period of queer history.
Cover art by Louise Dolan
More about Ely Percy
Find out more about the book's Kickstarter
- We aim to dispatch all orders within 3 days of orders being placed.
- We use Royal Mail for all our orders.
- Orders within the UK are sent 2nd class during the off-peak season, unsigned, untracked and typically arrive with customers within 3 business days. In December orders may be sent 1st class in order to reach the customer in time.
- Orders from outwith the UK are sent by International Standard, unsigned and untracked.
- For European orders please allow at least 7 business days for delivery before querying your order.
- For international orders, please allow at least 14 business days for delivery before querying your order.
- We do not refund orders, send replacement orders for free or accept responsibility for packages gone missing due to: the customer providing an incorrect or incomplete postal address (in the event of packages being returned to us, we can issue a refund, but not all packages end up returned to us); the customer not being able to pick up their order if they are not in to receive it.
- PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT ALL DETAILS OF YOUR ORDER ARE CORRECT BEFORE COMPLETING.
- We don't like having to say we can't refund you or that we can't send you another copy for free. But we are a very small operation with very slim margins and we can't afford to replace missing copies when it isn't our fault. We hope you understand. Thank you for being the best and ordering from us. We appreciate it and you.